Dr. Carlos R. Rodriguez and Dr. Patrick Mularoni provide sports medicine care through All Children's Hospital. They play an important role in the initial evaluation of young athletes in the AllSports Medicine program. Their training and expertise allow them to provide thorough evaluations and develop comprehensive treatment plans for young athletes who sustain injuries. The physicians are able to use their knowledge of sports mechanics to develop specific rehabilitation programs in order to return the athlete to competition promptly and safely. Some of their areas of expertise include the evaluation and management of concussion, the treatment of common sprains and strains, and the evaluations of sports related overuse injuries.
Sports Medicine Clinics now available
AllSports Medicine at All Children's Hospital offers clinics at the Outpatient Care Center (OCC) on Mondays 8:30am to 11:30am and Wednesdays 1:00pm to 4:30pm. Call 727-767-7678 for details or request an appointment now.
Sports medicine services include:
- Concussion management
- Evaluation and treatment of throwing injuries such as Little League elbow and Little League shoulder
- Overuse injury prevention and management
- Evaluation and treatment of common sprains and strains encountered in sports
- Exercise treadmill testing for:
- Gait analysis
- Aerobic performance via VO2 max measurement
- Exercise prescription
- Pre-participation sports examinations
- Comprehensive global evaluation of elite athletes for sport-specific musculoskeletal and joint conditions